Hospitals in Washington State have the opportunity to earn a one percent incentive payment under the Medicaid Quality Incentive Program. The incentive is included in the legislation creating the new Safety Net Assessment program.
The payment is funded in part by the hospital’s contribution to the Safety Net Assessment and federal matching dollars.
- Reporting process or definitions: Serena Chai at Serenac@wsha.org (206) 216-2509
- Specific financial questions: Andrew Busz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 216-2533
- Quality Incentive Measure Reporting Frequency & Contacts: Please find the pdf document here – June 2, 2022
- Measure Award Tables – June 2, 2022
- Washington State Medicaid Quality Incentive Measure Guidelines – June 2, 2022
- Please Note: Infection Prevention-Antimicrobial Stewardship (New) measure no longer requires a policy submission due to the changes outlined by DOH. See QBS for details with banners now active to reflect this change.
- Data Collection
- Measure Eligibility – June 2, 2022
- Critical Access Hospitals are not eligible for the financial incentive but are welcome to participate in the data submission through WSHA’s CAH Achievement of Quality Excellence Program. Measures, scoring, and instructions outlined on the thresholds and measure award table are applicable for participating CAHs. See Rural Quality Award Program for details on rural hospital recognition opportunities. Contact Megan Herman (MeganH@wsha.org) for any questions.
- QBS Falls Form 2022 Updated 7/15/22
- QBS Falls Form Upload (instructions)
- The Quality Benchmarking System can be viewed at: http://qbs.wsha.org/
June 3, 2022 | MQI – Kick-off Webinar
June 23, 2022 | Falls Prevention and Harm Reduction
June 30, 2022 | MQI Measure Training Webinar
- Slides (A few measures in QBS were slightly updated following the June 30th, 2022 Measure Training to improve the member experience. Please refer to the slides for more information.
July 14, 2022 | ER if for Emergencies Training Webinar
July 26, 2022 | Inequity Inbox – How to Create a Bias Reporting System
August 16, 2022 | Analytics Office Hour: QBS and MQI 101
August 22, 2022 | Using the EHR “SDOH Wheel” as a tool for screening and referring patients with health-related social needs
October 11, 2022, 2022 – February 14, 2023 | Analytics Office Hour:
09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada) Every month on the Second Tue, until Feb 14, 2023, 5 occurrence(s)
- Join Zoom Meeting https://wsha-org.zoom.us/j/89076500059
- Meeting ID: 890 7650 0059