Be the voice for your hospital, patients, and community. Your lawmakers need to hear from you about the challenges you face and the successes you achieved. WSHA’s Government Affairs team encourages all hospitals (public hospital districts, not-for-profit, for-profit) to establish, build and maintain relationships with their lawmakers.
Take Action Today To:
- Know who your lawmakers are.
- Meet with your lawmakers at least once a year (can be at your hospital, community or their office).
The WSHA Government Affairs team is here to support you. Just ask us!
Tools & Resources
The following material is available to help you engage with your lawmakers. The WSHA Government Affairs team can provide you with legislator background information and talking points.
- 2019 Legislative Advocacy Workplan Template (Word)
- Sample Board Resolution – Advocacy – for Rural Hospitals (Word)
- Establishing a Relationship with your Legislator
- How to Request a Meeting with Lawmakers
- Tips for Meeting with a Legislator at your Hospital
- A Guide for Meeting with your Legislator
- (AHA) A Hospital Leadership Guide to Digital and Social Media Engagement
- Advocacy: What Can or Can’t You Do
Important Dates to Remember
2019-2020 WSHA Advocacy Events
|January 29-30, 2020||Hospital Advocacy Day||Olympia, WA|
|April 19-22, 2020||AHA Annual Meeting||Washington, DC|
|May 10-16, 2020||National Hospital Week||Nationwide|
2019-2020 State Legislature
|November 20-22, 2019||House & Senate Assembly Days||Legislators in Olympia|
|January 13, 2020||Start of Regular Legislative Session||Legislators in Olympia|
|March 13, 2020||End of Regular Legislative Session||Legislators Return to District|