WSHA’s Consent Manual is a comprehensive resource for Washington State hospitals, health systems and other health organizations on legal requirements related to patient consent, and an electronic download is now for sale online through WSHA’s bookstore. WSHA members can purchase the manual for $250 and nonmembers can purchase it for $350.
The manual addresses federal and state law as well as common accreditation requirements involving consent. The manual provides more than 40 sample forms that can be adapted for use by health care organizations. It covers an extensive list of longstanding and new consent requirements, including:
- Adults, minors, and individuals lacking capacity
- Surrogate decision-makers
- Sexual assault examinations
- Kinship caregivers
- School nurse, school counselor or homeless student liaisons
- Shared decision-making
- Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
- Blood test requests by law enforcement
For questions about the manual please contact Liz Cortez at 206-216-2510 or email@example.com.