The Washington State Department of Health has asked WSHA to assist in distributing the Certificate of Need Program’s annual acute care bed survey to our membership. The survey is intended for ALL hospitals and health systems in Washington State. The deadline for completing the brief online survey is Jan. 7, 2022. The data results will be used to determine the existing supply of acute care beds and project future need for acute care beds.
The DOH also shared process guidelines for completing the survey:
- Do not leave any fields blank, if not applicable, fill “N/A” in the field.
- You can select the “Save & return later” button, if you want to save the survey and return later to finish.
- You will be emailed a summary of your responses once the DOH has them. This will be your opportunity to make any edits or additions.
- Once the survey is closed, the DOH will upload all responses to Box.com. Please email them at FSLCON@doh.wa.gov if you need access to it.
- For licenses with multiple locations or licenses: There is an option within the online survey to submit responses for multiple campuses or sites, with a maximum of three sites. In lieu of taking the online survey, you have the option to fill out an Excel spreadsheet (there are multiple tabs) for multiple sites.