WSHA and the Department of Health (DOH) have teamed up to recognized hospitals in our state that have taken steps to encourage breastfeeding.
The Department is planning an event Aug. 20 to recognize hospitals that have obtained a certification through the program, so now is the time to get recognized!Certifications are gold, silver and bronze, and five Washington hospitals already have obtained a gold certification:
- Evergreen Health (Kirkland)
- Jefferson Healthcare (Port Townsend)
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center (Vancouver)
- UW Medical Center (Seattle)
- Three Rivers Hospital (Brewster)
See our joint press release here, visit the DOH webpage here or contact the DOH here for more information about the program. (Tim Pfarr)