The Washington State Hospital Association advocates for and provides value to members in achieving their missions and improving the health of their communities.
Service: We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
Integrity: We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability
Collaboration: We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
Innovation: We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
Equity: We share accountability to cultivate diversity and promote inclusive environments and opportunities for all.
Strategic Plan 2022-2024
Policy and Advocacy: Create public policy that increases health care access, improves equity, and supports a strong health care delivery system
- Prevail on top legislative and regulatory priorities
- Empower WSHA members to advocate effectively with their policy makers
- Build relationships, partnerships and coalitions to advance WSHA’s policy agenda
- Grow the Washington Hospital Political Action Committee
Safety & Quality: Lead hospitals and health systems in providing safe, high quality and equitable care for every patient
- Achieve safety, quality and equity performance goals
- Lead development of hospital and health system policies and practices that advance health equity
- Ensure long-term sustainability for robust safety and quality programs
Innovation: Define and support new directions for patient care, members of the health care team, hospitals, and the health care system
- Help ensure workforce capacity in the future through innovative public policies and new programs
- Develop new strategies to increase Medicaid hospital payments
- Pursue innovative and sustainable solutions for improving behavioral health care and finding appropriate care for difficult to discharge patients
- Grow streamlined WSHA data systems that support the care delivery system of the future
Operational Excellence: Keep the association strong through its people and finances
- Increase engagement with WSHA members, system leaders and members of hospital governing boards
- Promote an organizational culture and staff capacity to execute WSHA’s mission, vision and values
- Maintain long-term financial stability and diversify revenue sources