The Washington State Hospital Association advocates for and provides value to members in achieving their missions and improving the health of their communities.
Service: We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
Integrity: We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability
Collaboration: We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
Innovation: We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
Strategic Plan 2019-2021
POLICY AND ADVOCACY GOAL
Create ambitious public policy to support access to health care and a strong delivery system.
- 1a: Promote the hospital story to the public and key leaders
- 1b: Prevail on top legislative and regulatory priorities in a changing legislative environment
- 1c: Empower WSHA members to advocate with their policy makers
- 1d: Grow the Washington Hospital Political Action Committee
SAFETY AND QUALITY GOAL
Partner with hospitals across the Northwest to enhance their performance as high reliability organizations and optimize care for patients in all settings.
- 2a: Lead, challenge and assist members to achieve patient safety and quality performance goals
- 2b: Cultivate strategic relationships to move safety and quality forward
- 2c: Ensure long-term sustainability for robust patient safety and quality programs for the Northwest
- 2d: Ensure people receive care that honors personal values and goals at the end of life
Be a leader in defining and supporting new directions for patients, hospitals, the health care system and for our society.
- 3a: Influence the creation of new care delivery and payment models and assist members to succeed with new models
- 3b: Convene and collaborate with organizations to develop and deploy workforce solutions of the future
- 3c: Develop WSHA data systems that support the care delivery system of the future
- 3d: Develop a rural implementation center to achieve sustainable care in rural communities
- 3e: Pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to the behavioral health crisis
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE GOAL
Enhance the strength of WSHA’s people and financial performance ensuring the association’s future viability.
- 4a: Increase engagement with WSHA members, system leaders and members of hospital governing boards
- 4b: Promote an organizational culture that embraces WSHA values and reinforces excellence at all levels of internal operations
- 4c: Maintain long term financial stability and diversify revenue sources
- 4d: Evaluate and act on potential business partnering opportunities with other health care associations