WSHA’s rural quality program focuses on the unique needs of rural and critical access hospitals, and the communities that they serve. Our rural team focuses on applying all of WSHA’s safety and quality programs in the rural setting, as well as developing programs and support specifically for rural hospitals.
Contact Jessica Symank, Senior Director, Patient Safety and Quality Partnerships (email@example.com) to schedule a virtual or in-person visit. This is an opportunity for our team to learn about your hospital and identify how WSHA can best support your quality work. The visit process is tailored to the needs of each hospital but typically begins with a short planning call, involves meeting leadership and frontline teams, and ends with some tangible next steps. Following the visit, WSHA will check-in with the hospital at regular intervals to assess outcomes and identify further areas of support.
- Monthly Rural Quality Leaders Call – Third Thursdays, 9:00am. Contact Cindy Ferguson (CindyF@wsha.org) to be added to the distribution list.
- WSHA’s Rural Health Program – advocacy, access, and other programs.
- Association of Washington Public Hospital Districts
- Flex Funding for Training and Education
Rural Quality Award Program
- We are accepting applications year round for our Rural Quality Everyday Extraordinary Award.
- Critical Access Hospitals are invited to participate in WSHA’s CAH Achievement of Quality Excellence Program, which recognizes participation and achievement in the Medicaid Quality Incentive.