Strategies and Tools
Evidence-based protocols for rapid and effective treatment of patients identified with sepsis and septic shock have been effective in improving care and outcomes for patients with sepsis. The Washington State Hospital Association, in an effort to provide additional guidance and support, provides education and training events throughout the year – bringing in local and national experts to share their research and knowledge about best practice.
Sign up for the Sepsis Coordinator Network!
The Sepsis Alliance created the Sepsis Coordinator Network to provide sepsis best practice resources and guidance to sepsis coordinators. This is a free resource. Check it out!!
Measure Definition Sheet
- Sepsis and Septic Shock Mortality: Definition Sheet
Best Practice Guidelines
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines (SCCM):
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP):
- DART: Detect, Act, Reassess, Titrate
- An evidence-driven tool to guide the early recognition and treatment of sepsis and septic shock.
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM):
- THRIVE Initiative
- SCCM seeks to improve patient and family support after critical illness.
- CDC: Get Ahead of Sepsis:
- Resources for patients and healthcare professionals
- Health Research & Educational Trust:
- Sepsis Mortality Reduction Change Packet
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement:
- Sepsis Page
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign:
- Sepsis Bundle Pocket Card
- Sepsis Alliance: