Number of Hires for this Role:
- Seattle, WA
- Hybrid Work Schedule due to COVID-19
The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is seeking a full-time dynamic, dedicated, and professional Quality and Clinical Services Program Coordinator to join our team!
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and is the trusted voice and indispensable resource that leads, challenges and assists Washington hospitals and health systems to improve the health of the communities they serve. We are a strong advocate for and provide value to our members in achieving their missions by committing the following:
- We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
- We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability.
- We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives, and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
- We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
We are in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking.
For more information about WSHA, visit us at www.wsha.org.
The Quality & Clinical Services Program Coordinator is responsible for working with the Assistant Director, Quality & Clinical Services to administer the Quality and Clinical Services business line policies, programs, and initiatives. This includes chart transfer, working with physicians and hospital staff to schedule peer review and mock survey visits, reconciling expenses, and other related administrative work.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complete the day-to-day functions of the Quality and Clinical Services business line.
· Complete all aspects of the physician peer review process required to meet standards of participation for continuing Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) critical access hospital (CAH) status.
· Maintain the highest level of customer service to inquiries related to Quality and Clinical Services.
· In coordination with the Assistant Director, Quality & Clinical Services, Senior Director and President, contribute to the development and maintenance of a strategic plan for the Quality and Clinical Services programs.
· Monitor customer satisfaction through regular surveys and address/escalate problems as needed.
· Communicate regularly with hospital clients, peer review physicians and compliance audit staff/contractors.
· Conduct peer review and compliance audit scheduling., including on-site visits and travel arrangements
· Facilitate communication with the WSHA patient safety program and other relevant constituencies to ensure smooth operational flow.
· Assist in the development and execution of marketing Quality and Clinical Services to members of WSHA and health systems in other states.
· Propose and implement enhancements to current processes, policies, and procedures.
· Review invoices and assist with collections. Manage and cultivate strong relationships with contracted physicians and compliance audit staff/contractors.
· Assist the Assistant Director, Quality & Clinical Services in the ongoing recruitment of physician peer reviewers.
· 3 years of project coordination experience.
· Knowledge of personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics applications (Excel, Power-Point, and Word)
· Familiarity with WordPress
· Related experience coordinating either internal or external peer review or clinical quality process for a healthcare organization.
· Related experience with physician and/or medical staff coordination.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local healthcare quality improvement processes
· Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with external stakeholders
· Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff members at rural hospitals
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task on a wide variety of projects and tasks
· Exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality as needed in all aspects of the program
· Proficient in internet research
· Strong organizational and communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
· Ability to edit and proof documents accurately
· Excellent customer service skills
· Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors
Salary and Benefits:
WSHA offers a competitive base salary plus benefits and generous paid leave, among many other benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please apply through our career center at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e90b930c-785e-43d7-a956-3b6091cf3463&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&jobId=9200340779448_1&source=EN&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings
WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.