- This event has passed.
VTE Prevention (Oregon Hospitals)
November 19, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
This training is for hospital staff only. All others, please inquire before registering.
- Review the prevalence, policy and penalties for VTE
- Discuss risk stratification importance and examples
- Identify the appropriate prophylaxis options for patients at risk
- Review post hospital discharge prophylaxis
Speaker: Dr. Scott Kaatz
- Clinical Associate Professor at Wayne State University
- Hospitalist at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit
- Medical Director for Professional Development and Research in the Division of Hospital Medicine
- President of the Anticoagulation Forum
- Past President of Hemostasis Societies of North America and the Michigan Chapter of the Society of Hospital Medicine