- This event has passed.
Virtual Pacific Northwest Sepsis Conference
June 16 @ 9:00 am - 4:15 pm
This event is presented in partnership with UW Medicine and the Washington State Hospital Association
Please join us for a FREE VIRTUAL Conference!
The Pacific Northwest Sepsis Conference is in its 8th year of providing high-quality sepsis education to an international community of people interested in improving sepsis care and outcomes. This year, we have redesigned the conference to respect our community’s need for social distancing and are excited to provide this virtual education at no cost to attendees. The conference will feature presentations by international experts on sepsis care and we thank them for graciously volunteering their time to make the day possible.
Attendees in the opening morning session will gain a better understanding of recent updates in sepsis care guidelines, different populations of patients effected by sepsis, and cutting edge research in sepsis treatment.
After break, attendees will choose a breakout session. One is geared at quality improvement and data in sepsis care while the other breakout session will explore clinical topics relevant to beside care providers.
To close the day, we will have a “Lessons Learned from COVID-19” symposium. To view detailed agenda click here.
- All sessions will be recorded for viewing at a later date if desired.
- We are unable to provide any continuing education credits for this virtual conference.
- You will need to register for EACH SESSION INDIVIDUALLY
- Elizabeth Bridges – University of Washington School of Nursing
- Berry Fowler – Virginia Commonwealth University
- David Sweet – Vancouver General Hospital
- Kathy Lofy – Washington State Department of Health
- Sean Townsend – Sutter Health
Detailed Speaker Information is Available Here
OPENING SESSION | 9:00 – 11:45 a.m. | Register Here
- Intro and Patient Story
- Surviving Sepsis Update & Sepsis Priorities
- Sepsis Literature Update: Top 3 Articles & Why
- CITRIS-ALI: VitC in ARDS
- Improving Pediatric Sepsis Outcomes Collaborative: Key Results
BREAKOUT SESSIONS A & B | 12:45 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. | Register for One Below
SEPSIS QI BREAKOUT A | Register Here
- Using Big Data to Improve Care
- Rural Sepsis Challenges & Solutions
- CMS & SEP-1 Questions & Answers
BEDSIDE CHAMPIONS BREAKOUT B | Register Here
- Walk or Run? Balancing Speed with Accuracy
- Impactful Posters
- Advanced Sepsis Resus: Controversies
CLOSING SESSION | 2:15 p.m.- 4:15 p.m. | Register Here
COVID-19 LESSONS LEARNED
- Building a Provence-wide Approach to COVID Therapeutics
- Creating a System-wide Approach
- Nursing Considerations in COVID patients
- Unifying Science
- Crisis Standards
- Critical Care Pearls
- Washington State Lessons Learned & What’s Next
- Healing Mentally Preparing for “The Next Wave”
Complete Agenda Here
2020 Conference Planning Team Information Here
We would like to thank our sponsor La Jolla for supporting this event.
Sepsis Alliance Resources
Find patient education resources, learn about community events, shop for sepsis handouts, and see the latest news from Sepsis Alliance.
Join your peers to access sepsis care resources, including webinars, downloadable screening tools and progress notes, plus participate in best-practice discussions on the community forum.
The Sepsis Alliance Institute seeks to enhance the skills, strategies, and performance of members of the healthcare community in diagnosing and treating sepsis. Find expert content on the prevention, recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of sepsis across the continuum of care. Continuing education programs on home health, Skilled Nursing, Oncology, and more are offered with CNE, CME and CAPCE credit available.