- This event has passed.
Behavioral Health Webinar Series: Trauma Aware: Understanding Trauma and Applying Best Practice
March 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Behavioral Health Webinar Series
Trauma Aware: Understanding Trauma and Applying Best Practice
Trauma is widespread, impacts patient health and wellbeing, and is a key consideration in the clinical setting. Understanding trauma and being able to apply effective strategies to meet the needs of patients is key for hospitals and health care workers. This webinar will help hospital staff (e.g., providers, nurses, administrators) to recognize trauma and its role in the clinical setting, as well as develop concrete intervention methods. Objectives for the webinar include the following:
- Define trauma, its prevalence, signs/characteristics, and impact on patients;
- Evaluate one’s own trauma and the role this may play in clinical care;
- Identify key components of a trauma-informed care approach and its application in the hospital setting; and
- Learn effective strategies to improve the health care worker-patient relationship.
The AAFP has reviewed 2021 Northwest Rural Health Conference Pre-Conference Webinar Series, and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 03/04/2021 to 03/17/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
• 1.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) – Trauma Aware: Understanding Trauma and Applying Best Practice