- This event has passed.
Behavioral Health Webinar Series: Introduction to the SBIRT Process for Alcohol and Other Drug Use in Medical Settings
April 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Alcohol and other drug use are serious public health concerns that impact patients and hospitals/health care systems. Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is an evidence-based process to identify and provide early intervention for patients engaged in unhealthy drinking and/or other substance use. This webinar will introduce the SBIRT process and its application in hospital care settings (e.g., ED, outpatient). Objectives for the webinar include the following:
- Develop a shared understanding of the SBIRT process;
- Understand the rationale and evidence for universal screening and brief intervention;
- Describe strategies for successful referral to treatment and management;
- Learn about harm reduction and shared decision-making strategies to support patients; and
- Identify next steps for you/your hospital.
WSHA will also offer additional webinars and learning opportunities for hospitals to dive deeper into the SBIRT process, including steps toward implementation, later in the year.