- This event has passed.
Sepsis Treatment and Recovery Network (STAR)
April 12, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Code Sepsis and Nurse-Imitated Sepsis Orders: Concept to Implementation
Mary Jo Kelly, DNP, ARNP-CNS, ACNS-BC, CCNS, CCRN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, UWMC-Northwest and Lindsay Boyd, RN, MS, CCRN-K, Clinical Nurse Specialist, UWMC-Montlake will be sharing UW Medicine’s experience with building a Code Sepsis and Sepsis Nurse-Initiated orders program.
Objectives for Code Sepsis Program
(Mary Jo Kelly):
- Learners will identify the rationale for implementation of code sepsis in the inpatient and emergency department setting.
- Learners will describe challenges in implementing code sepsis in hospital wards and in the emergency department.
- Learners will express how implementation of code sepsis may improve patient care and outcomes.
Part 2 (Lindsay Boyd):
- Learners will describe the components of a nurse initiated sepsis protocol
- Learners will discuss common challenges to initiated a nurse sepsis protocol
- Learners will review key benefits of having a nurse initiated protocol in relation to sepsis outcomes
For Registered Nurses, this course counts as 1.0 Contact Hours.
This class is sponsored by the Washington State Hospital Association, Seattle, Washington, which is approved as a provider by the California State Board of Nursing. California Provider 17702