The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is seeking a full-time dynamic, dedicated, and professional Manager of the Data Analytics department to join our team!
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and is the trusted voice and indispensable resource that leads, challenges and assists Washington hospitals and health systems to improve the health of the communities they serve. We are a strong advocate for and provide value to our members in achieving their missions by committing the following:
- We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
- We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability.
- We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives, and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
- We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
We are in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking.
For more information about WSHA, visit us at www.wsha.org.
The Manager provides leadership, direction, and supervision for the Association’s data analytics staff and related activities. The Manager leads program management, prioritization of information needs, and analysis of important information. This position works closely, collaboratively and in partnership with the Data Analytics Technical Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the clearinghouse for understanding, anticipating and prioritizing information and analysis needs to serve the Association’s public policy, advocacy, patient safety, senior leadership, communications, and members.
- Design best practice analyses in public policy, advocacy, patient safety and care transformation which enable staff to be knowledgeable as they work to accomplish the Association goals.
- Present analyses to support executive-level decision making and progress towards Association initiatives.
- Provide meaningful and thoughtful analyses to senior leadership which support and reflect the Association goals.
- Support the development of analyses and reports in a format that is easy for staff to understand.
- Serve as an access point for Association staff and dissemination of valuable information to members for analysis.
- Supervise production of analyses in easy-to-understand formats that displays financial, clinical and other information requested.
- Track emerging industry trends.
- Design and maintain data programs to meet the Association’s regulatory needs and key priorities such as transparency.
- Develop and maintain an overall department reporting capability that meets the need for timely, accurate and useful data.
- Guide team activities to perform routine data validation and integrity checks with fully documented processes to ensure highly reliable data accuracy.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
This position supervises the Senior Data Analyst positions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in managing teams or projects.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Master’s degree in a related field.
Healthcare industry experience, specifically in areas of healthcare information systems, information systems policy development, and use of information to assist in the decision-making process.
Excellent communicator, ability to build rapport and collaboration between cross-functional departments, Government Agencies, and Member Hospitals, strong knowledge of database concepts, proficient with Tableau & Tableau Server, proficient with SQL, and project management (Agile, Waterfall, etc.). Experience with database applications (SQL, Snowflake, RedShift, MySQL, etc.). Proficient with a data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SQL Management Studio, Python, Alteryx, R Studio, etc.). Experience with reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView and Microsoft Power BI.
Skills & Abilities:
- Understand business needs and objectives and be able to leverage data and analytics to support them
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
- Work collaboratively across the Association and with members leveraging data and analytics.
- Ability to listen and translate data and analytics projects at both high and detail level; serve as an internal consultant.
- Work collaboratively across the analytics team to build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights.
- Ability to lead and be part of the team.
- Ability to solve complex business problem through a blend of logical and creative thinking.
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validation of results.
- Ability to think strategically about information-related facets of complex healthcare issues.
- Ability to display complex data in an audience-appropriate manner that makes it easy to digest for government officials and other key stakeholders as well as hospital CEOs, management, and boards.
- Knowledge of various types of healthcare information, sources of information, analytical tools, databases, use of presentation software.
- Proficient working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products.
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills, knowledge of healthcare domain and clinical data sets and the ability to balance theory with practical reality.
- Maintain a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high standard of ethics.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Strong customer service orientation, with high degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors.
Salary and Benefits:
WSHA offers a competitive base salary plus benefits and generous paid leave, among many other benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please apply through our career center at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e90b930c-785e-43d7-a956-3b6091cf3463&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&jobId=9200139338610_1&source=EN
WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.