As Washington’s new Long-Term Care Act is finalized, employers should be thinking now about how they will respond to this new tax on employees. Parker, Smith & Feek Employee Benefits Consultants Joan Flood and Karen Schwartz will shed light on the following questions:
- What is the Long-Term Care Act and who will be affected?
- What options exist to opt-out of the program (and tax)?
- What is my responsibility as an employer?
- What is currently available in the marketplace for private long-term care coverage: group coverage or voluntary?
- What is the process for individuals to opt out of the long-term care state tax?
The Washington Hospital Services Industry Partner program connects hospitals with product and service organizations to create efficiencies, lower costs and deliver exceptional health care. For more information about Parker Smith & Feek or the WHS Industry Partner Program, contact Ed Phippen, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 216-2556.