The Health Care Authority (HCA) announced it is opening the application period for the remaining $4 million of the $8 million in hospital grants for distressed hospitals authorized by the 2022 Legislature. HCA is currently finalizing the awards for the hospitals that applied and qualified for the $4 million for the initial application period, with funds to be distributed late October.
Applications for the remaining $4 million in funds will be accepted until November 30, 2022.
To qualify, a hospital must:
- Be located in Washington;
- Serve individuals enrolled in state and federal medical assistance programs;
- Continue to maintain a Medicaid population at similar utilization levels as in calendar year 2021;
- Be necessary for an adequate provider network for the Medicaid program;
- Demonstrate a plan for long-term financial sustainability; and
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Lack adequate cash-on-hand to remain financially solvent;
- Have experienced financial losses during hospital fiscal year 2021; or
- Be at risk of bankruptcy.
A completed application packet must consist of the:
- Distressed hospital application;
- Most recently completed hospital cost report;
- Written plan to return to financial solvency; and
- If you received funds in the first round, part of the plan should include how you will use those funds.