The Puget Sound Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology and Washington State Department of Health are offering a one-day intensive workshop on Legionella prevention and outbreak management at the Tukwila Community Center October 30. The event will feature keynote speaker Janet E. Stout, Ph.D., and other national and regional experts.
On completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology and the basic steps of Legionnaire’s disease case and outbreak investigation;
- Differentiate roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in investigations and control of health-care-associated Legionnaires’ disease cases and outbreaks;
- Explain the importance of a water management program to reduce growth and spread of water-borne organisms;
- Describe three components of a water management plan; and
- Identify resources available to begin to develop and implement a water management program.