The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is requesting hospital assistance verifying Certificate of Need data prior to publication and asked WSHA to share the message below. WSHA highly encourages hospitals to validate their submitted data, as this data is used to inform valuable health care methodology.
The Certificate of Need (CN) Program’s 2022 adult elective percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) numeric need forecasting methodologies are close to publication! However, since unusual and significant differences between data sources were found, the CN Program is asking hospitals to review and validate the year 2020 CN survey data it submitted.
PCI numeric methodologies are based on the adopted PCI rules under WAC 246-310-745 and include the following three hospital data sources:
- Cardiac Care Outcomes Assessment Program data (COAP),
- Comprehensive Hospital Abstract Reporting System (CHARS), and
- CN survey responses (accessible here).
Any suggested corrections should:
- Come directly from a representative of the hospital whose data is being corrected.
- Be accompanied with a brief explanation for the requested correction.
- Be sent to FSLCON@doh.wa.gov
Suggested corrections are due on or before noon (PST) on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022. The CN Program intends to release the numeric methods and post them to the department’s website on Friday, Jan. 14, 2022. If you have questions, please contact the Certificate of Need Program at FSLCON@doh.wa.gov. (Washington State Department of Health)