It’s my pleasure to announce the launch of WSHA’s five-part Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Virtual Workshop. Beginning on Feb. 10 with an opening keynote discussing DEI terminology and literacy, this five-part workshop will address key topics for advancing DEI strategy, including messaging, partnership building and pipeline development.
Participants will also receive expert guidance. In addition to being an award-winning journalist dedicated to eliminating racial health disparities, Dr. Kevin Jenkins helps organizations understand and dismantle the effects of racism in health care delivery through education and evidence-based solutions. After his keynote, Dr. Jenkins will facilitate each workshop session.
Hospital leadership teams are highly encouraged to attend together with trustees, commissioners and other members of management to ensure that participating hospitals have the chance to develop their DEI strategy with full commitment across every department. We are offering organizational registration (unlimited access for hospital leadership and staff) for $749 to make this as achievable as possible.
Check out the event preview below and don’t forget to save the dates. Each session takes place from 12–1 p.m. View the full details online here.
- Feb. 10 – A New Referee for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Implementation: Participants will acquaint themselves with the application of equity in multiple settings and key DEI concepts.
- February 24 – Equitable Conversations: Confront internal scenarios that routinely surface in organizations during DEI strategy adoption and learn to engage managers and teams at every phase of their DEI strategy implementation.
- March 10 – Equitable Messaging: Using blockbuster movies and favorite television shows, this session takes you on a cinematic scavenger hunt to understand the art of equitable messaging in external engagement.
- March 24 – Equitable Partnership Building: Learn how to identify and nurture strategic, social and non-traditional partnerships for sustainable DEI approaches.
- April 7 – Diversity Pipeline Development: Every organization wants to increase their diversity portfolio, but often struggle with executing a successful strategy. This session guides participants through effective underrepresented minority pipeline development.