Humorist and cowboy Will Rogers observed “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Honoring Choices PNW is excited about the recent momentum and program enhancements propelling us down the right track to change the culture around advance care planning.
Over the past few months, we’ve spent time listening to partners and allies, re-examining feedback, and exploring potential avenues for impact. Through this process we have discovered ways to simplify and streamline the program, including:
• Fewer data requests
• Shorter implementation time
• More customized service
• Robust information sharing and community building
We have begun convening health care organizations with supportive community allies to discuss ways to increase advance care planning and use of advance directives by the public. We are also actively pursuing growth, both in clinical and non-clinical settings.
Our strong team creates the energy propelling us down this path:
• Mary Catlin has recently joined as Senior Director and is passionate about pushing the work forward.
• Michele Kulhanek was newly hired as the Program Manager with a focus on health care organization needs and opportunities.
• Bonnie Bizzell has expanded her role to Community Engagement Liaison and Program Manager, driving expansion into the community.
• Mitha Wardhani continues to be the glue, providing incredible administrative support to the team, Honoring Choices PNW faculty and partnering organizations.
We’re rolling on the right track. Reach out if you want to jump onboard or add fellow participants. Whatever you do: don’t just sit there.