Apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e90b930c-785e-43d7-a956-3b6091cf3463&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=455239&source=CC2&lang=en_US
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Accounting PREPARED DATE: February 7, 2023
REPORTS TO: Sr.Director, Finance
PAY RANGE: $58,240-$62,400
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, LTD, 401k, FSA, PTO, Personal Holiday, Sick Days
Hybrid Work Opportunities Available.
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs all responsibilities related to accounts payable, miscellaneous accruals, daily cash applications, and administers all aspects of the company credit card program. The Accounts Payable Specialist also assists the Sr. Director, Finance on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all aspects of accounts payable by ensuring bills are coded, verified and paid according to the policies and procedures set forth by the Association and its subsidiaries.
- Investigate payment/invoicing problems and formulates solutions which may include requesting stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintain accounts payable aging report.
- Scan all AP invoices and check documents
- Update and maintain vendor files, including the W-9 and 1099 forms.
- Process daily receipts to customer accounts and work with Accounts Receivable Accountant to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for Maintaining the AR deposit log
- Responsible for preparing the weekly bank deposit for all entities and making the in-branch deposit at Wells Fargo
- Copy/Scan all claim checks received and notify Claims of all claim payments (before deposit)
- Copy/ Scan all Quarterly Assessment fees received and notify department.
- Calculate and process monthly accruals assigned and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Administer all aspects of the company credit card program by ensuring appropriate credit limits are established and maintained, providing accurate information to the bank and addressing employee questions.
- Prepare reconciled Monthly Bank reports for all entities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Fulfill audit requests as required.
- Oversight and management of archived accounting documentation files.
- Follows the Financial Operations Standards & Criteria and all other policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director, Finance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Associate’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred, combined with three to five years of progressive work experience in related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for academic requirements.
Skills & Abilities:
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and speaking)
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Accounting software required, experience with GP Dynamics preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. The position requires working in an office environment with the usual office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and computers. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The incumbent may carry materials/equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. on occasion. The incumbent is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form. The position may require occasional day or overnight travel within Washington State to member facilities.