JOB TITLE: Wage and Claim Support Coordinator FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Claim Services PREPARED DATE: Nov. 2022
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director Client Services & Compliance
SALARY RANGE: $30.00 To 35.00 Hourly
The Wage and Claim Support Coordinator gathers the required wage documentation of injured workers and calculates their gross wages. Completes wage order requests, time loss calculation worksheets, processes claim closures and provides support to our Claim Services Department with other administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with members and clients by telephone, receives messages and faxes and distributes as appropriate.
- Gather injured worker wage documentation from the employer and calculate the gross wage.
- Complete wage documentation worksheets and forms
- Calculate the time loss rates of injured workers, complete calculation worksheets and enter rate into claim management database.
- Assist with mail processing.
- Schedule appointments as directed by adjusting staff and complete associated correspondence.
- Scan or photocopy claims and related claim documents as needed or requested for inclusion in claim files.
- Prepare and scan archived files (e.g., coordinate delivery of files, prepare files to be scanned, scan files into database and dispose of original hard copy files).
- Process claim file closing orders (Medical-only, Time Loss and EC closures)
- Record claim activity notes in claim management database
- Attend WHS/WSHA staff meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Associate’s Degree from a two-year College or Technical School and one to three years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral communication skills
- Must adhere to client confidentiality
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work overtime hours when workload necessitates
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Access and Excel required. Proficiency with email required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. The position requires working in an office environment with the usual office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and computers. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The incumbent may carry materials/equipment weighing up to 25 lbs on occasion. The incumbent is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form. The position requires frequent or occasional travel within Washington State to member facilities, and on occasion, overnight travel is necessitated.