The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is seeking a full-time dynamic, dedicated, and professional Assistant Director to join our team!
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and is the trusted voice and indispensable resource that leads, challenges and assists Washington hospitals and health systems to improve the health of the communities they serve. We are a strong advocate for and provide value to our members in achieving their missions by committing the following:
- We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
- We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability.
- We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives, and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
- We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
For more information about WSHA, visit us at www.wsha.org.
The Staff Accountant prepares all invoicing, credit memos and reimbursement requests for all entites for WSHA and it’s other subsidiaries. This position performs all revenue reconciliations, investment roll forwards and other account reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner for all the subsidiaries supported by WSHA Accounting. This position assists the Lead Accountant/Safety Net in the administration of accounting functions, maintaining internal controls and the implementation of process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply all WSHA and subsidiaries income to respective accounts.
- Prepare accurate and timely balance sheet account reconciliations for all revenue accounts.
- Maintain supporting documentation for balance sheet accounts.
- Initiate incoming and outgoing electronic bank transfers.
- Prepare all auditor requested schedules and responds to auditor inquires in a timely manner.
- Prepare and file all city and state tax returns, as well as business license renewals and applications in a timely manner.
- Prepare invoices for grant and federal contract accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Submit timely and accurate reports to ensure compliance with the grant for federal agency’s requirements.
- Assist in maintaining numerical control over entries posted to general ledger.
- Issue customer refund’s if required, or upon request.
- Prepare WSHA’s Political Action Committee financial statements.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting all PAC related expenditures and contributions to the PDC, and administers any relating requested audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred but not required with five years progressive work experience in related field.
Skills & Abilities:
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy with all levels within and outside the Association
- Must possess the ability to mutli-task with high accuracy, and flexibility as needed.
Computer Skills: Strong knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Dynamics SL. Proficiency with email required.
Salary and Benefits:
WSHA offers a competitive base salary plus benefits and generous paid leave, among many other benefits.
Apply for STAFF ACCOUNTANT using the link below:
WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.