Are you an organized accountant who thrives in a customer-oriented environment? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at the Washington State Hospital Association as a Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to transit, ferry or parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable.
The Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable position is a full-time position responsible for supervising the comprehensive day to day operations of accounts receivable involving multiple legal entities and revenue streams. This position reviews daily cash applications, performs other accounting duties, and is a member of a great team of other accounting professionals here at WSHA.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure all Association and subsidiary revenue is accurately invoiced.
• Maintain deferred revenue reconciliations
• Develop and maintain a plan for overdue receivables and communicate outliers (large delinquent accounts) to CFO and other management as appropriate.
• Prepares invoicing related to grant and federal contract and ensures billing compliance with agency requirements.
• Prepare annual audit documentation, respond to auditor inquiries during onsite audits, and ensure all back-up documentation is available for auditors as needed.
• Monitor Allowance for Doubtful Accounts reserves
• Ensure all collection efforts for all Association subsidiaries are coordinated and the monthly aged receivable report by hospital is prepared and distributed
• Assist management with the calculation of annual member dues
• Review daily cash application to ensure accuracy.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 5 years’ experience in accounting in an office setting required.
• Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and fellow co-workers.
• Deep knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
• Proficiency with MS office, Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
• Experience with Accounting software required, experience with Dynamics preferred. Able and willing to learn new programs as needed.
If you have the experience, skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please apply through our career center for immediate consideration. Alternatively, you can apply through our website at WWW.WSHA.org.
No calls please, and local candidates preferred. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.