JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant-Accounts Receivable FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Finance
Hybrid Job Opportunities Available
The Staff Accountant-Accounts Receivable supervises the comprehensive day-to-day operations of revenue invoicing, accounts receiveable and cash receipts. The Staff Accountant-Accounts Receivable may also perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Senior Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all Association, subsidiary and affiliates revenue is accurately invoiced.
- Ensure all collection efforts for all Association, subsidiary and affiliates are coordinated and the monthly aged receivable report by hospital is prepared and distributed.
- Develop and maintain a plan for overdue receivables and communicate outliers (large delinquent accounts) to management as appropriate.
- Prepares invoicing related to grant and federal contract and ensures billing compliance with agency requirements.
- Review daily cash application to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare financials for one small cash based entity
- Prepare annual pre-audit documentation, respond to all auditor inquiries during onsite audits, and ensure all back-up documentation is available for auditors as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Accounting degree required with a minimum of five years progressive work experience in related field.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong accounting / analytical background
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to complete in a timely manner
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively read, write, speak, and understand English
- Physical ability to use computer hardware and software
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employee
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Proficiency with email required. Strong local and server file management competence, including file naming, import/export, and conversion. Proficient with relational database accounting software such as MS Dynamics SL/365 Business Central.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. The position requires working in an office environment with the usual office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and computers. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The incumbent may carry materials/equipment weighing up to 25 lbs on occasion. The incumbent is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form.