Are you an experienced Project Manager? Have you successfully led project teams of diverse individuals to meet mission critical goals? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people who are committed to transforming healthcare in the state of Washington? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at WSHA – the Washington State Hospital Association.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are committed to ensuring that all Washington residents have access to quality healthcare, that all children receive needed immunizations, and that best practices in healthcare and patient safety are shared. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager in our Data Analytics Department. Please note – you must be eligible to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship.
The Senior Project Manager position is a full-time position, and is responsible for leadership, guidance and management of key data analytics projects. The Senior Project Manager responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope, management of vendors and internal contributors, and leadership of project teams. This position will oversee all aspects of projects and coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. This position will be very visible throughout the organization and must be comfortable working with groups both large and small. This position reports to the VP, Data Analytics and IT Services.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Lead project planning sessions and meetings.
- Manage project teams, monitor progress and adapt work as required.
- Manage external vendors, partners, and internal contributors as needed to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of project.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop and maintain project plans which outline status individual tasks, milestones, completion estimates, and resource allocation.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend Project Management Software solution for WSHA.
- Coordinate roll-out of beta and production releases.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Ensure customer/stakeholder satisfaction through post-project debrief with all parties.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a Project Management Professional certification are required
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in project management in an IT/Data Analytics environment required, healthcare experience preferred
- A minimum of 3 years healthcare experience highly desirable.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to lead diverse project teams successfully.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills including superior attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Remains calm under pressure, and able to effectively manage high stress situations.
- Proficiency with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products
- Ability to work independently, with experience successfully working in a team environment
- Maintains a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high standard of ethics
- Strong customer service orientation, with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to navigate a variety of technological and computer-based tools
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors
- Effective team leader, able to lead collaboratively.
- Solid knowledge of project management software and tools.
- Proficient with MS office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint along with the ability to learn new systems as needed.
How to apply
If you have the skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please apply through our career center at www.WSHA.org or apply through the link below for immediate consideration:
No calls please. Local Candidates preferred. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.