The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is seeking a full-time dynamic, dedicated, and professional Senior Data Analyst to join our team!
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and is the trusted voice and indispensable resource that leads, challenges and assists Washington hospitals and health systems to improve the health of the communities they serve. We are a strong advocate for and provide value to our members in achieving their missions by committing the following:
- We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
- We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability.
- We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives, and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
- We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
We are in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking.
For more information about WSHA, visit us at www.wsha.org.
As directed by leadership, this position is responsible for interpreting and providing complex data analysis, specialized reports, dashboards, and ensuring highly reliable and accurate data. This position integrates inferential statistics into their dashboards to provide actionable insights for hospitals. Responsibilities include developing visualizations to communicate and clarify the data, collaborate with members on product logistics, delivers content through Tableau Server & Interworks, and creates educational materials to conduct training on understanding data, analysis, and definition of the measures one-on-one and in groups.
- Perform complex data analysis and reporting to support Association staff and members.
- Develop, prepare, and present specialized reports and dashboards for dissemination to Association members with the purpose of advancing the work at the state, hospital, and unit level.
- Analyze data and provide various reports for different scenarios to reflect solutions/recommendations in response to anticipated and unanticipated fluctuations for members.
- Interpret data analysis and develop related communication to provide multiple constituencies an understanding of the analysis.
- Support monthly data collection process, and continuously address and clarify data related inquiries as needed. Perform routine data validation and integrity checks with fully documented processes to ensure highly reliable data accuracy.
- Develop new dashboards and visualizations to help communicate and clarify the data.
- Research new data sources and healthcare trends to continuously develop the Association’s reporting capacity.
- Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Efficiently Query and structure the data to be integrated in Tableau Dashboards.
- Make recommendations to alter the structure of Schemas and Tables within Snowflake.
- Create educational materials and conduct training on understanding data, analysis, and definition of the measures one-on-one and in groups.
- Work with customers to develop and understand product specifications.
- Provide technical support, including troubleshooting with users.
- Support Association executive leadership with data analysis and logistics.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement through data analysis and address risks or potential issues that might impact Association members.
- Recommend innovative ideas, processes and/or procedures for enhancements, and modifications to improve existing systems.
- Conduct individual project reviews, as required, to assess overall project quality, efficiency, and compliance with requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required at the time of hire.
Minimum of three years data analysis experience in a professional office setting.
Proficient with database applications (Snowflake, SQL Server, or Redshift).
Intermediate to Advanced Skills in SQL (T-SQL, MySQL, or postgres).
Advanced skills in Visualization Applications (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
Proficiency with open-source coding languages (Python, R, etc.).
Proficiency with packages or equivalents (pandas, seaborn, SQLAlchemy).
Experience working with APIs.
Experience with integrated cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
Experience with Machine Learning packages for basic classification, regression, and modeling (scikit-learn, tensorflow, or pytorch).
Tableau Desktop Certified Professional.
Knowledge of Graph Databases and applications such (Neo4j, NetworkX, etc.).
Salary and Benefits:
WSHA offers a competitive base salary plus benefits and generous paid leave, among many other benefits.
Apply for Senior Data Analyst using the link below:
WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.