Are you seasoned manager with experience in healthcare data analytics? Have you successfully led diverse data analytic teams to meet mission critical goals? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people who are committed to transforming healthcare in the state of Washington? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at WSHA – the Washington State Hospital Association.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are committed to ensuring that all Washington residents have access to quality healthcare, that all children receive needed immunizations, and that best practices in healthcare and patient safety are shared. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Manager, Data Analytics in our Data Analytics Department. Please note – you must be eligible to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship.
The Manager, Data Analytics position is a full-time position and is responsible for leadership, direction and supervision of our team of Senior Data Analysts and Data Analysts, in addition to the Association’s key data analytics related activities. The Manager leads information synthesis, program management, prioritization of information needs and analysis of important information. This position will be visible throughout the organization and must be comfortable working with groups both large and small. This position reports to the Vice President, Data Analytics and IT Services.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain an understanding to allow for prioritizing information needs that serve the Association’s public policy, advocacy, patient safety, and care transformation.
- Design best practice reports in public policy, advocacy, patient safety and care transformation which enable staff to be knowledgeable as they work to accomplish the Association goals.
- Present reports to support executive-level decision making and progress towards Association initiatives
- Provide meaningful and thoughtful reports to senior leadership which support and reflect the Association goals
- Design and implement analytics and reports to provide state-of-the-art data translated to and presented in a format that is easy for staff to understand.
- Serve as an access point for Association staff and dissemination of valuable information to members for analysis.
- Supervise production of reports in easy to understand format that displays financial, clinical and other information.
- Track emerging industry trends.
- Design and maintain data programs to meet the Association’s regulatory needs and key priorities such as transparency.
- Gather relevant data and information about Washington hospitals developed by state and federal government and other information sources.
- Develop and maintain an overall department reporting capability that meets the need for timely, accurate and useful data. Guide team activities to perform routine data validation and integrity checks with fully documented processes to ensure highly reliable data accuracy.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, and a Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in the healthcare industry, specifically in areas of healthcare information systems, information systems policy development and use of information to assist in the decision-making process is required.
- A minimum of (3) years’ experience as an effective team leader with an ability to lead collaboratively.
- Understand business needs and objectives.
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
- Select, configure and implement analytics solutions.
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights.
- Ability to solve complex business problem through a blend of logical and creative thinking.
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validation of results.
- Ability to think strategically about information-related facets of complex healthcare issues.
- Ability to display complex data in an audience-appropriate manner that makes it easy to digest for government officials and other key stakeholders as well as hospital CEOs, management and boards.
- Knowledge of various types of healthcare information, sources of information, analytical tools, databases, use of presentation software.
- Proficient working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products.
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills, knowledge of healthcare domain and clinical data sets and the ability to balance theory with practical reality.
- Maintain a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative and a high standard of ethics.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Strong customer service orientation with high degree of professionalism.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors.
- Effective team leader, able to lead collaboratively.
- Proficient with a variety of database applications (SQL, Snowflake, Redshift, MySQL, Google, Oracle), data analysis tools (e.g. SQL Management Studio, Python, Alteryx, SAS, R Studio) and with reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView and Microsoft Power BI).
- Proficient with MS office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint along with the ability to learn new systems as needed.
How to apply
If you have the skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please apply through the link below for immediate consideration:
No calls please. Local Candidates preferred. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.