Are you an experienced HR generalist who is looking for your next challenge? Do you thrive on variety in your work? Do you love people? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people who are committed to transforming healthcare in the state of Washington? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at WSHA – the Washington State Hospital Association.
WSHA, the trade association for all Washington State Hospitals, has been in existence for over 85 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington residents and our member hospitals change. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking, and we are currently recruiting for an HR Generalist.
The HR Generalist position is responsible for all HR functions for the approximately 80 professional employees of the Washington State Hospital Association, its wholly owned subsidiary, Washington Hospital Services, and a companion organization, the Association of Washington Public Hospital Districts. This position is a full-time position with the opportunity to be a four day a week (32 hours per week) position with full benefits. The HR Generalist works closely with and reports to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of WSHA and supervises a part-time recruiter who manages recruiting for WSHA.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with senior management, especially through the HR Committee, to provide data and insight on organizational HR issues to inform the association’s strategic approach to talent management.
- Manage a part time recruiter who will be responsible for all recruiting activities including initial approval by HR committee, creating ads and applicant sourcing, initial review of candidates, conducting background checks, extending verbal offers, creating final offer letters, and ensuring that new employee paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Manage onboarding process for new hires including completion of required forms.
- Ensure that payroll has information necessary to notify benefit providers and input new hires into ADP WorkforceNow system.
- Manage ADP WorkforceNow HR system, including input of data, creating reports, correcting employee information if needed.
- Manage employee separation process, conduct all exit interviews.
- Act as Backup for Payroll Administrator for COBRA administration – entry of all eligible former employees/dependents entered into third party COBRA administration system.
- Ensure Employee Handbook and HR policies are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Serve as resource for employees and managers re: employment policies, disciplinary actions, employee relations matters.
- Provide a safe place for employees to seek information or discuss sensitive topics.
- Provide policy interpretation and education re: HR Policies and Procedures.
- Administer and manage employee leave as necessary, including FMLA, WAFMLA, WFLA, etc.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, manage Property and Casualty insurance policies for WSHA.
- Schedule Retirement Committee meetings and manage relationship with retirement advisor/broker.
- Manage all ADA accommodation requests and responses.
- Maintain compliant and current HR files and I-9 forms.
- Manage the completion of mandatory reporting (VETS-1, EEO-1, AAP, etc.) and work with other staff to ensure HR related federal contract compliance requirements are met.
- Organize and deliver employee training related to HR issues using internal or external sources.
- Lead a regular meeting of supervisors on both technical HR issues as well as training about excellence in leadership, management and supervision.
- Manage mandatory employee anti-harassment training program.
- Manage and monitor the annual performance review and merit raise process through ADP WorkforceNow and ensure every employee required to complete a performance review also has a completed Individual Training and Development plan.
- Ensure Job Descriptions remain up to date, coordinate salary benchmarking as needed.
- Administer the Individual Training and Development plan program.
- Oversee annual employee engagement assessments and surveys. Coordinate dissemination of results.
- With Payroll Administrator, manage annual benefits open enrollment process.
- Work closely with outside Brokers on Employee Benefits and 401(k) plan to ensure effective administration of benefits programs.
- Prepare and conduct Employee Benefit Broker RFPs if necessary. Analyze and present results.
- Collaborate with Accounting/Payroll staff to ensure employee records are accurate and complete.
- Complete salary surveys and federal contract related reporting as needed.
- Track key HR metrics as identified.
- Respond to all HR related inquiries.
- Eligible to receive HIPAA PHI for covered employees of WSHA, WHS, AWPHD as needed to resolve benefits questions or issues.
- Participate in or consult with key organizational committees and activities where HR presence is needed including the event and safety committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in human resources administration strongly preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted.
- HR Certification (SPHR or PHR) strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of HR best practices required.
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience managing employee benefits required.
- Excellent customer services skills including the ability to create a warm and welcoming environment and work with diverse populations.
- Ability to provide appropriate sensitivity in complicated situations and work with highly confidential issues with a high level of discretion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Focus on continuous process improvements.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects, self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Extremely well organized, excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization to accomplish goals.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors.
- Proven ability to teach, manage, guide, and coach employees and others who are not direct reports.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with MS office, Excel, Powerpoint and able to learn new systems as needed.
- Proficiency with ADP WorkforceNow strongly preferred.
If you have the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please submit a current resume and cover letter to our recruiting site at:
No calls please. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.