The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is seeking a full-time dynamic, dedicated, and professional Executive Assistant to join our team!
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and is the trusted voice and indispensable resource that leads, challenges and assists Washington hospitals and health systems to improve the health of the communities they serve. We are a strong advocate for and provide value to our members in achieving their missions by committing the following:
- We are a member-led association committed to providing servant leadership.
- We are honest in our work and operate with transparency and accountability.
- We act cooperatively, incorporate diverse perspectives, and use the power of the collective to achieve our mission.
- We are agile and drive continuous quality improvement.
We are in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking.
For more information about WSHA, visit us at www.wsha.org.
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative and professional support to leaders and teams across the Association. This position maintains a high level of knowledge of WSHA administrative teamwork flows, policies, and procedures. This position requires the ability to interact with diverse groups and maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion. Job duties include providing administrative support functions for a department, event, or initiative while coordinating office operations; organizing, and managing calendars; coordinating and handling travel arrangements and reimbursements; coordinating schedules with various committees, board meetings and taking minutes.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- High-level calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of executive meetings and events.
- Use independent judgment in the screening and directing of telephone calls, email, printed correspondence, and other matters.
- Research, prepare, edit, and coordinate drafts of administrative correspondence, documentation, data summaries, policies and reports for use in internal and external matters.
- Prepare and distribute agendas, take meeting minutes, and facilitate and schedule meetings.
- Coordinate, plan and execute a high-volume of meetings and webinars, establishing and communicating deadlines and tracking deliverables for others involved.
- Assist with formal and informal presentations using multimedia.
- Participate in confidential and/or sensitive discussions/decisions.
- Exercise independence, good judgment, and a clear understanding of the priorities of WSHA.
- Prepare confidential correspondence and other documents of a highly sensitive nature.
- Create, research, and/or obtain briefing documents and background materials necessary for meetings and events from a wide variety of sources.
- Ensure proper retention and recording of documents according to the records and retention schedules.
- Follow established procedure and coordination for the procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Make travel arrangements as needed. Assist executives with submission of associated expenses.
- Manage the planning and implementation for large onsite, offsite, virtual, or combined in-person/virtual meetings (meeting space, AV, food, hotel reservations, speaker logistics and registration)
- Proof and edit documents and presentations.
- Coordinate marketing and registration efforts, including website, email, and registration materials.
- Coordinate roles and tasks for events with team members as appropriate and communicates expectations clearly to ensure completion.
- Provide basic support to staff and speakers in use of event-related technology (web conferencing, Power Point presentations, video, etc.).
- Plan and organize administrative office files including the developing, modifying and maintaining office record keeping/filing system according to WSHA, state and federal regulations.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager regarding supplies, equipment, printing, and requests for maintenance services within the office.
- Proof, create, and develop flyers, brochures, and other material in coordination with their leaders and/or team while adhering to WSHA branding standards.
- Greet guests, staff, members of the community, and other visitors arriving for appointments or meetings and ensure all visitors sign in and out by monitoring the logbook.
- Facilitate incoming mail and distribution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Earned High School degree or GED at the time of hire.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Two (2) years of professional level administration assistant experience.
- Proficiency in using Zoom, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, TEAMs).
- Associates Degree in business, communication, or another related field.
- Experience working in administration in a healthcare setting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of administration duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to gather information and prepare written material or presentations.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people from diverse backgrounds in a sensitive and positive manner.
- Knowledge of WSHA workflows, policies, and procedures.
- Experience handling travel arrangements, including airfare, lodging and car rental accommodations.
- Experience with meeting planning, including location, catering, and arranging all logistical and equipment needs.
- Ability to prioritize job assignments.
- Ability to deal simultaneously with several issues or problems.
- Ability to appropriately represent WSHA as necessary both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, co-workers and members.
Salary and Benefits:
WSHA offers a competitive base salary plus benefits and generous paid leave, among many other benefits.
Apply for Executive Assistant using the link below:
WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.