Do you have senior level accounting leadership experience? Do you have non-profit accounting experience? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at the Washington State Hospital Association as our Director of Finance.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance position is a full-time position responsible for oversight of all financial operations, policies, budgeting, forecasting, treasury and reporting for WSHA and its affiliated organizations. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining internal controls and works closely with employees at all levels throughout WSHA and its affiliates, as well as with outside vendors, auditors, and stakeholders. The Director of Finance supervises a team of five (5) professionals.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all financial operations and direct Association financial planning and structure.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to the senior executive team and Finance and Audit Committee (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts and budgets of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, and coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firms’ performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, and other corporate policies.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the Association’s financial affairs.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or finance required, Master’s degree in a related field highly preferred.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in accounting/finance required
- Experience working in non-profit accounting a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of federal and other grant requirements.
- Familiarity with Insurance Trusts a plus.
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a diverse team of professionals.
- Proven ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy with all levels within and outside the Association.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors.
- Proficiency with of MS office, Word, Outlook, Excel required. Experience with Dynamics SL Accounting software required.
How to apply:
If you have the experience, skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please apply via our career center through the URL below for immediate consideration.
No calls please. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.