Hybrid Work Opportunity
The Data Analyst, under supervision of project lead, manager (data analytics or technical manager) develops and prepares information for staff and Association members and analyzes health care quality data. Individuals will partner with project leads and assist with conceptualization through presentation of projects. The Data Analyst may eventually lead measurement decisions, definitions, data collection, and analysis for the Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of a project lead, perform data analysis and reporting to support Association staff and members.
- Coordinate with State and Association members with data related communications. Facilitate communication with Sr. Data Analyst and management to identify and resolve data related issues.
- Under the guidance of project leads, develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- May assists in requests for proposals, vendor selection, and contract monitoring and conduct cost effectiveness study to evaluate selection
- Under the guidance of management, individuals will identify opportunities for performance improvement through data analysis and raise risks or potential issues that might impact Association members.
- Recommend innovative ideas, processes and/or procedures for enhancements, and modifications to improve existing systems
- Work with cross-functional teams in the design documentation and implementation of information technology related projects.
- Assist in developing, preparing and may present specialized reports and dashboards for dissemination to Association members with the purpose of advancing the work at the state, hospital, and unit level.
- Conduct individual project reviews, as required, to assess overall project quality, efficiency, and compliance with requirements.
- Analyze data and provide various reports for different scenarios to reflect solutions/recommendations in response to anticipated and unanticipated fluctuations for members.
- Develop new dashboards and visualizations to help communicate and clarify the data.
- May independently research new data sources and healthcare trends to continuously develop the Association’s reporting capacity.
- Create educational materials and conduct training on understanding data, analysis, and definition of the measures one-on-one and in groups
- Work with customers to collect and develop product specifications.
- Interpret data analysis and develop related communication to provide multiple constituencies an understanding of the analysis.
- Coordinate, document and assist in executing of a high-volume of meetings and webinars, establishing and communicating deadlines and tracking deliverables for others involved.
- Assist with formal and informal presentations using multimedia.
- Participate in confidential and/or sensitive discussions/decisions.
- Provide technical support, including troubleshooting with external users with the option of escalating to Sr. analyst or management
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, and a minimum of two to four years data analysis experience in a professional office setting.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products
- Ability to work independently, with experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrates strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Ability to navigate a variety of technological and computer-based tools including printers/copiers, internal database and phone/web conferences
- Demonstrate basic analytical and conceptual skills, knowledge of healthcare domain and clinical data sets and the ability to balance theory with practical reality
- Maintains a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high standard of ethics
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Strong customer service orientation, with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to navigate a variety of technological and computer-based tools
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner to colleagues and supervisors
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Proficiency with email required. Proficient with a variety of database applications (SQL, MySQL, Cloud Data Warehousing with Redshift on AWS). Proficient with a variety of data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SQL Management Studio, R Studio). Proficient with reporting and visualization tools (e.g. SSRS, Tableau, QlikView and Alteryx).
WSHA is an equal opportunity employer.