Are you an organized accounting professional who thrives in a customer-oriented environment? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at the Washington State Hospital Association as an Accounting Clerk.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to transit, ferry or parking, and we are currently recruiting for an Accounting Clerk.
The Accounting Clerk position is a full-time position responsible for functions related to accounts payable, miscellaneous accruals, daily cash applications and administers all aspects of the company credit card program. This position also assists the Sr. Director, Finance on an as-needed basis and is a member of a great team of other accounting professionals here at WSHA.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Handle all aspects of accounts payable by ensuring bills are coded, verified and paid according to the policies and procedures set forth by the Association and its subsidiaries.
- Investigate payment/invoicing problems and formulates solutions which may include issuing stop payments, payments or adjustments.
- Maintain accounts payable aging report.
- Update and maintain vendor files, including the W-9 and 1099 forms.
- Process daily receipts to customer accounts and work with Accounts Receivable Accountant to ensure accuracy.
- Calculate and process monthly accruals assigned and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Administer all aspects of the company credit card program by ensuring appropriate credit limits are established and maintained, providing accurate information to the bank and addressing employee questions.
- Fulfill audit requests as required.
- Oversight and management of archived accounting documentation files.
- Follows the Financial Operations Standards & Criteria and all other policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director, Finance.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- Associate’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred, combined with three to five years of progressive work experience in related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for academic requirements.
- Basic bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Accounting software required, experience with GP Dynamics preferred.
How to apply
If you have the experience, skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please apply through the link below for immediate consideration.
No calls, and local candidates preferred. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.