The spectrum of medical therapies to treat COVID-19 continues to evolve and address SARS-CoV-2 variants. WSHA created this page to consolidate information shared in the Washington State Department of Health’s COVID-19 Therapeutics Alerts for health care providers, including updated guidance, resources, and treatment availability and authorizations.
For questions related to therapeutics or these resources, please reach out to the Washington State Department of Health Medical Countermeasure Team at email@example.com or WSHA Senior Director Tina Seery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treatment Availability and Authorization Updates
- July 8, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Paxlovid, Evusheld and more
- July 6, 2022: Paxlovid EUA updated to include adding state-licensed pharmacists to the list of authorized prescribers and new contraindicated drugs.
- June 29, 2022: Evusheld EUA updated to include revised dosing recommendations and an extended shelf life for specific lot numbers.
- June 28, 2022: Paxlovid Patient Eligibility Screening Checklist Tool for Prescribers updated to include new drug interactions.
- June 23, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Report to HPOP Mondays and Thursdays; CDC updates clinical considerations; Nationwide utilization data available
- June 16, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Add your NPI to HPOP; Twice-weekly reporting for Evusheld, Paxlovid, Lagevrio and Bebtelovimab; CDC webinar for clinicians
- June 2, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Rebound after Paxlovid, Test to Treat expansion, Paxlovid distribution in WA
- June 1, 2022: ASPR COVID-19 Therapeutics Thresholds, Orders, and Replenishment by Jurisdiction
- May 19, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Paxlovid for high-risk patients, expanding test-to-treat services
- May 11, 2022: Updated Interim DOH Guidance for Use of Paxlovid; Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir co-packaged with ritonavir) should be considered for all high-risk COVID-19 patients, as it is in ample supply in Washington, available at over 700 sites.
- May 6, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Availability and authorizations, multilingual resources and more
- May 4, 2022: FDA Paxlovid Patient Eligibility Screening Checklist for Prescribers
- April 2022: FDA Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers for Paxlovid, including authorization for the Paxlovid dose pack.
- April 25, 2022: CDC Health Advisory – Updated Information on Availability and Use of Treatments for Outpatients with Mild to Moderate COVID-19 Who are at Increased Risk for Severe Outcomes of COVID-19
- April 25, 2022: FDA Approves First COVID-19 Treatment for Young Children, expanding remdesivir treatment approval to include pediatric patients
- April 5, 2022: Updated Interim DOH Guidance on Use of EVUSHELD for COVID-19; All categories of the tiered system are now recommended for eligibility to receive EVUSHELD.
- March 31, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; Sotrovimab no longer included in allocation, Bebtelovimab is alternate mAb, EVUSHELD eligibility
- Jan. 27, 2022: COVID-19 therapeutics update; DOH Therapeutic Information for Health Care Providers webpage
Washington State Department of Health (DOH) Resources
- DOH webpage Therapeutics Information for Health Care Providers: Updated in 2022 to support health care providers and public health in Washington State with up-to-date information regarding distribution, access and clinical use recommendations for COVID-19 therapeutics. (Changes summary PDF)
- All DOH COVID-19 Therapeutics Fact Sheets and Guidance
- All DOH COVID-19 Therapeutics Frequently Asked Questions
- All DOH COVID-19 Therapeutics Resources and Toolkits
- Overview of WA State Order Process for COVID-19 Therapeutics (Updated Feb. 10, 2022)
Multilingual COVID-19 Therapeutic Resources (FDA & DOH)
- Paxlovid EUA Fact Sheet for Patients, Parents and Caregivers (English| Spanish)
- Molnupiravir EUA Fact Sheet for Patients, Parents and Caregivers (English | Spanish)
- Evusheld EUA Fact Sheet for Patients, Parents and Caregivers (English | Spanish)
- Evusheld EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers (English | Spanish)
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is medication designed to block a virus from attachment and entering human cells. (Arabic | Burmese | Chuukese | Dari | English | Farsi | French | German | Hindi | Hmong | Karen | Khmer | Lao | Marshallese | Nepali | Pashto | Punjabi | Romanian | Russian | Samoan | Somali | Swahili | Tagalog | Tamil | Telugu | Thai | Tigrinya | Tongan | Ukrainian | Urdu)
- Feeling Sick? Don’t Delay: Test for COVID-19 Today (Arabic | Burmese | Chuukese | Dari | English | Farsi | French | German | Hindi | Hmong | Karen | Khmer | Lao | Marshallese | Nepali | Pashto | Punjabi | Romanian | Russian | Samoan | Somali | Swahili | Tagalog | Tamil | Telugu | Thai | Tigrinya | Tongan | Ukrainian | Urdu)
- Know Your Treatment Options for COVID-19 (Simplified Chinese | English | Korean | Tagalog)
- Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 (Simplified Chinese | English | Korean | Tagalog | Vietnamese | Portuguese)
- Coronavirus Testing Basics (Simplified Chinese | English | Korean | Tagalog | Vietnamese)
- Beware of Fraudulent Coronavirus Tests, Vaccines and Treatments (Simplified Chinese | English Korean | Vietnamese | Tagalog)
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Resources
- COVID-19 Therapeutics webpage
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Locators
- HHS Clinical Implementation Guide
- Outpatient Therapeutics Decision Aid
- Side-by-Side Overview of Outpatient Therapeutics
- Therapeutics Distribution FAQs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Resource Pages
- FDA webpage: COVID-19 EUA Information
- FDA webpage: Multilingual COVID-19 Resources
- FDA webpage: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resources for Health Professionals