Do you have experience as a strategic senior leader in the health care field? Do you passionately believe that everyone should receive care at the end of their lives that honors their personal values and goals? Would you like to live that belief by working with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people?
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about joining the Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest team as the Senior Director.
Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest (Honoring Choices PNW), a joint initiative of the Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) and the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA), is currently recruiting for a Senior Director. The goal of Honoring Choices PNW is to help adults of all ages create their legally valid personal advanced care plans. The Senior Director has strategic and operational responsibility for the Honoring Choices PNW initiative. This position is employed by the Washington State Hospital Association and works with leadership at both organizations.
The Washington State Hospital Association has been in existence for over 80 years, and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington residents and our member hospitals change. We are in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to rail, transit, or parking.
The Honoring Choices PNW Senior Director position is a full-time position responsible for strategic and operational responsibility across multiple states for the Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest program, an initiative with the vision that everyone in Washington receives care that honors personal values and goals at the last chapters of life. This position will be expected to articulate the vision, develop effective implementation strategies and deliver on measurable goals for the program. The position will also be involved with raising funds for the initiative (more than $5 million of the required $8 million has already been raised). This work cuts across health care and the various communities in the Pacific Northwest. The Senior Director will supervise the Manager, Honoring Choices PNW and will work directly with respective WSHA and WSMA oversight program directors.
The Senior Director will also serve as Faculty in the Honoring Choices PNW advance care planning program.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Establishing ambitious strategic and tactical goals to increase conversations, decisions, and legally valid documents for advance care planning in the Pacific Northwest. Ensure all goals are measurable and reportable.
- Designing and implementing the region-wide initiatives to meet established goals and ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
- Establishing timelines and managing resources as needed to achieve set goals.
- Ensuring key project outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- Completing the $8 million fundraising campaign ($5 million of which has already been raised) and developing the sustainability plan for ongoing success.
- Attracting, developing, managing, coaching, and retaining high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance
- Staffing the advisory and oversight committees for Honoring Choices PNW, ensuring they are making key strategic decisions for the program.
- Understanding and advocating for public policies that support advanced care planning.
- Working with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality program management, including program administration, communications, and systems
- Designing and implementing new programs and tactics within Honoring Choices PNW to achieve the strategic goals.
- Serving as the spokesperson for Honoring Choices PNW to health care leaders, community groups, and policy makers.
- Developing the necessary systems, processes, and tools to support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge generated by the programs.
- Developing dissemination system to share learning with a broad range of communities.
- Set clear and ambitious program goals and ensure that key project outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- Working collaboratively with the senior management team at both WSMA and WSHA to integrate cross-program activities and functions.
- Negotiating contracts in consultation with legal counsel from WSHA and WSMA. Maintain familiarity with contractual commitments and participant agreements and ensure compliance
- Serving as Honoring Choices PNW faculty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Master degree in education, health care, public health, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years as a senior leader responsible for program development, physician relations, operations and/or complex project management preferably in a cause-driven organization or health care setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management abilities, combined with strong team building and development skills.
- Exceptional experience in program leadership and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver on measurable goals, including for projects that are new or less than fully formed.
- Proven ability to influence others, and connect and create partnerships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including diverse populations.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong demonstrated fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including advisory groups, health care organizations, foundations, corporate sponsors and community-based organizations
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Impeccable integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for advance care planning.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
- An individual who can handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills; basic business intuition, solid judgment, calm under pressure, strong work ethic and common sense.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Effective time manager, and ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with of MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel required.
- Able to travel up to 30% regionally and/or nationally as required.
If you have the experience, skills, and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position, and would like to be part of this exceptional initiative, please send a current resume and cover letter via https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/5ad94fbd for immediate consideration. No calls please. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.