Do you pride yourself on providing exceptional customer service? Are you proficient with Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at the Washington State Hospital Association as our Front Desk Receptionist.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years, and we continue to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. WSHA is committed to transforming health care for residents in Washington State. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines, rail lines, and parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Front Desk Receptionist.
The Receptionist position is a full-time position responsible for providing a high level of customer service to staff, guests, members and the public. The Front Desk Receptionist is the first WSHA person most visitors and guests meet, and this position is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and a positive first impression.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome visitors in a professional manner by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering questions or referring inquiries.
- Direct or respond to visitors, guests or callers in a professional, courteous and helpful manner and provide clear instructions when appropriate.
- Arrange transportation for members or guests as requested.
- Provide parking validation to guests per procedures.
- Ensure that all visitors to WSHA sign in and out of the Visitor Log Book.
- Update multiple monitors listing upcoming meetings within organization.
- Follow office opening or closing procedures on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the reception desk is covered at all times during office hours.
- Maintain and manage various member and staff databases, ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Maintain continuity of work by documenting and communicating process improvement changes in front desk procedures to support team.
- Maintain safe, clean and professional reception area.
- Maintain written log of all deliveries and inform staff of deliveries.
- Create name tents and tags as needed.
- Update employee phone extension listing as needed.
- Log all incoming checks into appropriate system and spreadsheet for accounting.
- Manage holidays on all-staff calendars.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional office setting, or equivalent education and experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation combined with high degree of professionalism characterized by sound judgment, initiative to improve processes, and a high standard of ethics.
- Able to focus and work accurately, effectively, and efficiently at the front desk.
- Able to learn and master new tasks, software, or programs as needed.
- Able to successfully coordinate, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments at the same time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise discretion and keep confidentiality while completing tasks professionally and on time.
- Proven ability to complete assignments and projects on time.
- Proficiency with MS office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel required. Experience with MailChimp or SharePoint a plus.
If you have the skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please send apply through our career center at the following URL for immediate consideration.
If the link does not work, please go to our website at www.WSHA.org and apply there. No calls please. Local Candidates preferred. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.