Are you committed to the transformation of Healthcare?
Do you have experience as a senior clinical leader? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people who are committed to improving outcomes in the state of Washington? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at WSHA – the Washington State Hospital Association.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years, and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are committed to ensuring that all Washington residents have access to quality healthcare, that all children receive needed immunizations, and that best practices in healthcare and patient safety are shared. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to light rail, bus, or train lines or parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Director of Quality and Performance Improvement.
The Director, Quality and Performance Improvement is a full-time position, with the primary responsibility of providing guidance and leadership for our member hospitals through our Patient Safety Program. This position will be responsible for leading complex projects with 150 hospitals, office practices, and other community partners utilizing best practices through Safe Tables (forums to share best practices) as well as playing a vital role in guiding and developing implementation ready documents, toolkits to assist with implementation of new procedures or policies, tracking systems and data. This position interacts extensively with internal peers as well as with leaders from WSHA member organizations, and reports to the Senior Director, Patient Safety.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as program leader and point person in the design and execution of responsibilities associated with assigned projects.
- Able to effectively foster partnerships and collaborate with strategic organizations to achieve objectives.
- Engages in continuous learning and study to understand emerging trends, current focus of transformation and latest evidence in quality care.
- Creates process to measure progress on core strategies with meaningful reports which result in improving performance with help of Decision Support.
- Schedules, manages and leads Safe Tables—meetings with 150 or more people—to provide evidence, best practices, and other information to improve care.
- Utilizing national and local experts to provide guidance, coordinates small groups of providers in challenged settings.
- Serves members by providing services that are a valuable resource and in which members want to be engaged.
- Coordinates meetings; develops effective work plans; manages timelines; coordinates internal transitions of work; supports data needs; addresses customer needs; and supports completion of quarterly, annual and management reports.
- Presents at meetings for clinical experts, government, association partners, etc, as needed.
- Manages web site for areas of accountability making sure they are up to date.
- Able to effectively interface with participating groups and cohorts, contracted resources and internal resources to provide high level customer service. Also communicates directly with participating groups as needed.
- Maintains and improves systems to effectively support the project’s integrity and sustainability.
- Oversees national and local experts to support value to members and results.
- Advances and incorporates rapid cycle improvement based on national and local developments and feedback in a way that best accomplished the goals of the program.
- Manages local and national experts to help achieve role.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in healthcare, nursing or related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a senior leadership position in a clinical or quality management capacity in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and achieve rapid results on strategic initiatives.
- Ability to develop, lead, and participate in partnerships and joint ventures with other organizations.
- Develops programs to meet the needs of other states, systems, and rural health care settings.
- Strong and varied clinical and operational experience.
- Excellence in developing, managing and coaching staff.
- Ability to develop organizational structures and manage staff to help achieve goals when working with important partners such as health care systems and Washington State Medical Association (WSMA) while being very lean.
- Strong working knowledge of improving care processes, working with communities, and working with physicians in complex projects.
- Excellent research capabilities in finding and sharing clinical best practices; must have prior experience gathering data, designing reports, and developing systems to collect and present data.
- Strong team player able to coordinate multiple activities at one time.
- Excellent customer/member relations skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, research, develop, and deliver with very high satisfaction by members.
- Experience working closely with groups composed of a variety of disciplines.
- Understanding of change management and the impact of culture.
- Proficient with MS office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel. Extremely proficient with Powerpoint, and able to produce graphs, charts, and spreadsheets as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage website content, and use web based tools.
- Demonstrated experience with data base management.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data using computer software
How to apply
If you have the skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please send a current resume and cover letter to https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/d9df004a?source=share-email immediate consideration. Only candidates local to the Seattle area will be considered. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY and No calls please. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.