Are you a seasoned IT leader with experience in healthcare data analytics? Are you a critical, innovative thinker who is knowledgeable about clinical data sets and file structures and layouts? Would you like to work with a group of dynamic, dedicated, passionate people who are committed to transforming healthcare in the state of Washington? If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we want to talk to you about a career at WSHA – the Washington State Hospital Association.
WSHA has been in existence for over 80 years, and continues to grow and evolve as the needs of Washington Residents and our member hospitals change. We are committed to ensuring that all Washington residents have access to quality healthcare, that all children receive needed immunizations, and that best practices in healthcare and patient safety are shared. We are located in beautiful downtown Seattle, surrounded by wonderful views of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, with easy access to bus lines or underground parking, and we are currently recruiting for a Director in our Decision Support unit. Please note – you must be eligible to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship. Local candidates preferred.
The Director, Decision Support position is a full-time position, and is responsible for leadership, guidance and supervision of a team of 5 Data Analysts and Sr. Data Analysts. The Director, Decision Support is the primary liaison between Decision Support and the Patient Safety department at WSHA, and this position oversees all Decision Support work including review and finalization of data used in reports to CMS. This position is very visible throughout the organization and must be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small. The Director, Decision Support reports to the Senior Director of IT and Decision Support.
Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring, managing, guiding, and supervising the team of Data Analysts and Senior Data Analysts.
- Develop and maintain an understanding to allow for prioritizing information needs that serve the Association’s public policy, advocacy, patient safety, and care transformation.
- Design best practice reports in public policy, advocacy, patient safety and care transformation which enable staff to be knowledgeable as they work to accomplish the Association goals.
- Present reports to support executive-level decision making and progress towards Association initiatives specifically in the areas of patient safety and care transformation.
- Keep staff informed of the latest information research, what is happening in other states, and other materials which inform Association staff on high priority topics.
- Provide meaningful and thoughtful reports to senior leadership which support and reflect the Association goals, and participate in regular meetings with Association leadership to ensure information needs are addressed.
- Cultivate relationships with Association members, including but not limited to CEOs, physicians, quality leaders, CFOs with the goal of accurately assessing information needs.
- Incorporate relevant information learned from similar hospital associations at a state or national basis.
- Design and implement analytics and reports to provide state-of-the-art data translated to and presented in a format that is easy for staff to understand.
- Serve as an access point for Association staff and dissemination of valuable information to members for analysis.
- Supervise production of reports in easy to understand format that displays financial, clinical and other information.
- Track emerging industry trends.
- Design and maintain data programs to meet the Association’s regulatory needs and key priorities such as transparency.
- Gather relevant data and information about Washington hospitals developed by state and federal government and other information sources.
- Develop and maintain an overall department reporting capability that meets the need for timely, accurate and useful data.
Desired qualifications, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, and a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in IT/Decision support in the healthcare industry is required, specifically in healthcare information systems, information systems policy development, and the use of information to assist in the decision-making process.
- Ability to think strategically about information-related facets of complex healthcare issues
- Ability to display complex data in an audience-appropriate manner that makes it easy to digest for government officials and other key stakeholders as well as hospital CEOs, management, and boards.
- Knowledge of various types of healthcare information, sources of information, analytical tools, databases, use of presentation software.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and data consumers.
- Proficiency in working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files, analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products.
- Ability to create reports which are meaningful for the customer, and clearly communicate the meaning of those report.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills, knowledge of healthcare domain, clinical data sets and the ability to balance theory with practical reality.
- Maintain a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high standard of ethics.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Strong customer service orientation, with high degree of professionalism
- Effective team leader, able to lead collaboratively.
- Able to successfully navigate and use a variety of technological and computer-based tools.
- Proficiency with MS office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is required along with the ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Proficient with a variety of database applications (e.g. QL, MySQL, Oracle); data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SQL management Studio, R Studio); and reporting and visualization tools (e.g. SSRS, Tableau, QlikView) preferred.
How to apply
If you have the skills and abilities listed above, feel that you would be a good fit for this position and would like to be part of this exceptional organization, please send a current resume and cover letter to https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/d3e5dd05?source=share-email for immediate consideration. No calls please. Local Candidates preferred. WSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.